4 replies to this topic

#1 Tony B

Tony B

Uber Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 05:28 PM

In order to become a good photographer one must study light and how it reacts in certain situations. With the proper light you can make the most ordinary image an extraordinary one.

My studies took me to the early renaissance period painters, viewing the masters such as Raphael, Botticille and of course Leonardo, their creative use of light is very effective, rendering such depth and detail.

As a result, I never shoot at noon, either, early morning or late afternoon, that is when the light is most effective on your subject. I find that the winter months present a more dramatic image because of how low the sun lays on the horizon.

Some subjects I will shoot, twice a day, one in the morning and in the late afternoon, you would be surprised the different the morning or afternoon makes on your image.

#2 Stefan Schug

Stefan Schug

Snapper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 04:47 PM

Sounds like we both took almost the same approach to photography. I also found the lighting in these old masters' oil paintings intriguing! I find if you start out with a good shot out of the camera you can create real masterpieces in digital post-processing. It might take a while to learn the ins and outs of Photoshop but both developing an eye for good initial capturing and post-processing help to develop a personal style. And in my experience people are diverse and like different styles of pictorial art.  

#3 Tony B

Tony B

Uber Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 08:52 PM

Good point Sttefan, that's why I try to mix up my images a bit, a little bit of everything. Cheers my friend!

#4 Sam Wilkins

Sam Wilkins

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 11:27 AM

I couldnt agree more, photography is all about light, I work with studio lighting that has so many variations to it. See so my work here http://www.natashaha...tography.co.uk/

#5 Tony B

Tony B

Uber Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 01:25 AM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users