No replies to this topic

#1 Tony B

Tony B

Uber Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 01:21 PM

I see photographers who specialize in a certain subject, which is fine but think of the perspective of the viewer, how many images do you think we can see of stop action water droplets, flowers, black and white street people? It only takes a second for me to become glazed over.

When I set out in this field I wanted to have a diverse subject matter, I have lumped them into several category's trying to cover all aspects of photography life. When you become diverse you then appeal to a wider audience, your images will be viewed a little more.

I go out to shoot just about every weekend, I plan my locations ahead of time, even as I travel I write down location if I am unable to shot at that moment. Not only the location but the time of day to maximize that artistic effect. In that shoot, if I get two workable images I consider it a success. 2 a week, 52 weeks in the year, 104 images.

What I have found is that if a contest, a photographic subject matter comes up, I do not need to go out and shoot it, chances are, I have it in my portfolio, easy right?

Let me ask you, how many photographs have you produced this week?  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users